Associate Product Owner, Product Development
Forbes is looking for a creative and entrepreneurial Associate Product Owner to join the Product team in our Jersey City, NJ, office. The position will work collaboratively with various teams and stakeholders across the company to manage the life cycle of one or more of our core business products.
In addition to joining a high performing team, you would be joining a passionate and engaged culture that celebrates:
- Entrepreneurship: Freedom to innovate, identify new opportunities and take on responsibilities
- Career Development: Formal mentorship program, industry conference attendance and speaking opportunities
- Work/life Balance: Flexible work schedule, regular group outings, celebration of passion projects and side hustles, optional mindfulness sessions twice a month
- Positivity: Emphasis on positive communication, transparency and team building
- Define product requirements in partnership with stakeholders and in alignment with the overall platform strategy.
- Collaborate with other product owners and technologists to build and prioritize product roadmap and backlog.
- Work with leadership to define product KPIs aligned with broader business goals.
- Collaborate closely with UX/UI designers, engineering teams, quality assurance, and third party vendors to build out new features for testing and release.
- Document new features and communicate functionality to end users.
- Actively measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Communicate effectively with customers, partners, business and technical teams and maintain strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- 1-3 years experience in a product role.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, computer science or related field.
- Background in user experience and related techniques a plus.
- Experience with desktop/mobile analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Mixpanel, etc.
- Familiarity with product and software development techniques and agile methodologies.
- Strong communication, organizational and collaboration skills.
- Team player with all-hands-on-deck attitude and an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and new media.
The defining voice of entrepreneurial capitalism, Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most-influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 120 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE events, custom marketing programs and 40 licensed local editions in 70 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit: www.forbes.com/forbes-media/
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.